Application for 2013-2014
The online application for U.S. teachers interested in the Distinguished Fulbright Awards in Teaching Program for the 2013-2014 academic year is now closed. Please sign up for the 2014-2015 application announcement here. We also encourage you to review the information below in preparation for applying to the program in the future.
Before you begin the application, please review the table below and the Online Application Instructions and Online Application Video.
To learn more about specific program details related to the application, as well as writing the capstone project proposal, please view the video Tips for a Successful Application: Writing the Capstone Project Proposal.
Before submitting your application, please review the Application Checklist.
International teachers must apply through the appropriate Fulbright Commission, U.S. Embassy or consulate, or other Fulbright partner organization in each country. International applications for 2014-2015 will be available in Fall 2013.
To prepare for the application, you may wish to review and prepare the following.
- Explore school procedures for obtaining a leave of absence
- Your motivation to apply for the Fulbright Program
- What qualities you have that will help you to successfully live and work abroad
- How you will use the Fulbright experience in your professional work when you return
- Explore topics and research methods for the Capstone Project you will propose, being sure that your project has practical and concrete applications to your classroom practice
- Investigate the country(ies) that would best match your research goals and project design
- Explore possible host universities in your proposed host country(ies)
- You will be required to submit an Administrator Referral Form and Sabbatical Leave Authorization Form which together document that you will be granted a leave of absence during the Fulbright Program
- You will be required to submit two additional recommendation forms completed by individuals who know your professional work