Application for 2014-2015
The online application for U.S. teachers interested in the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for the 2014-2015 academic year is now available! Start your application today!
Deadline for U.S. applicants: December 15, 2013.
Blank sample applications are available below:
Before beginning the application, please review the materials below which are designed to aid you in completing the application:
Before submitting your application, please review the Application Checklist.
International teachers must apply through the appropriate Fulbright Commission, U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or other Fulbright partner organization in each country. Deadlines for international applicants vary by country.
- Explore school procedures for obtaining a leave of absence
- Your motivation to apply for the Fulbright Program
- What qualities you have that will help you to successfully live and work abroad
- How you will use the Fulbright experience in your professional work when you return
- Explore topics and research methods for the capstone project you will propose, being sure that your project has practical and concrete applications to your classroom practice
- Investigate the country(ies) that would best match your research goals and project design
- Explore possible host universities in your proposed host country(ies)
- You will be required to submit an Immediate Supervisor Referral Form and Leave Authorization Form which together document that you will be granted a leave of absence during the Fulbright Program
- You will be required to submit two additional reference forms completed by individuals who know your professional work