The online application for U.S. teachers for the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for the 2015-2016 academic year will be released in summer 2014. Sign up here to receive an email notification.
International teachers must apply through the appropriate Fulbright Commission, U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or other Fulbright partner organization in each country. Application cycles for international applicants vary by country.
Blank sample applications from 2014-2015 are available below:
Interested teachers should review the materials below in order to prepare to apply for the program in the future. The materials below were designed to aid applicants in completing the application:
- Explore school procedures for obtaining a leave of absence
- Your motivation to apply for the Fulbright Program
- What qualities you have that will help you to successfully live and work abroad
- How you will use the Fulbright experience in your professional work when you return
- Explore topics and research methods for the capstone project you will propose, being sure that your project has practical and concrete applications to your classroom practice
- Investigate the country(ies) that would best match your research goals and project design
- Explore possible host universities in your proposed host country(ies)
|Professional References & Leave of Absence Form
- You will be required to submit an Immediate Supervisor Referral Form and Leave Authorization Form which together document that you will be granted a leave of absence during the Fulbright Program
- You will be required to submit two additional reference forms completed by individuals who know your professional work