Application for 2015-2016
International teachers must apply through the appropriate Fulbright Commission, U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or other Fulbright partner organization in each country. Deadlines for international applicants vary by country.
A blank sample application is available below:
Before beginning the application, please review the materials below which are designed to aid you in completing the application:
Before submitting your application, please review the Application Checklist.
- Explore school procedures for obtaining a leave of absence
- Your motivation to apply for the Fulbright Program
- What qualities you have that will help you to successfully live and work abroad
- How you will use the Fulbright experience in your professional work when you return
- Explore topics and research methods for the project you will propose, being sure that your project has practical and concrete applications to your classroom practice
- Investigate the country(ies) that would best match your research goals and project design
- Explore possible host universities in your proposed host country(ies)
- You will be required to submit an Immediate Supervisor Referral Form and Leave Authorization Form which together document that you will be granted a leave of absence during the Fulbright Program
- You will be required to submit two additional reference forms completed by individuals who know your professional work